Chicken & Cauliflower Jambalaya
Feeds 4 & ready in 50 mins
2 tbsp Olive Oil
225g Cubed Chicken
1 Red Onion, thickly sliced
! Cauliflower, cut into florets, stalk sliced, and leaves reserved (large leaves halved lengthways)
1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
300g Basmati Rice
400g can Peeled Plum Tomatoes
500ml Chicken Stock
- Heat 1 tbsp of the olive oil in a casserole dish or large saucepan on a medium high heat. Add the cubed chicken and cook for 5 minutes until browned all over. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Reduce the heat slightly and add the remaining oil with the onion and cauliflower leaves. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring regularly. Add the florets, stalk, chicken, Cajun spice and rice. Stir for 1 minute, until the rice is well coated, then stir in the canned tomatoes with a wooden spoon.
- Reduce the heat to a very gentle simmer, then cover and cook for 25 mins, stirring halfway through, until rice is tender and all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove from the pan from the heat and leave for 5 mins with the lid on. Fluff up the jambalaya with a folk.
- Serve (as you were going to do anything else).
No picture of a serving suggestion – the obligatory image of the recipe in a white dish.